Insight Hospital & Medical Center is committed to providing quality healthcare to our entire community. As part of that commitment, if you receive care at Insight Hospital and are uninsured, underinsured, or insured but unable to meet your co-payment requirements, our financial counselors are available to assist you with the identification of a financial assistance program to meet your needs. Patients who are unable to pay their bills may be eligible for programs designed to assist families in need including Medicaid, Medicare and social security insurance disability, or for one of Insight’s comprehensive financial assistance programs.
We support price transparency. For our patients to understand their potential financial liability for hospital services, we are making our hospital charges available to patients. Hospital charges vary based on the type of care provided. The price can differ from patient to patient for the same services. The price will be different for complications or different treatment for the patient’s personal health condition. Patients also may qualify for financial assistance. Please call 312.567.2147 or send an email to [email protected], for a price estimate or to find out if you qualify for financial assistance.
How Do I Participate?
To participate in Insight’s financial assistance programs, patients must meet certain eligibility criteria; eligibility requirements, terms and conditions vary for each financial assistance program. An Insight financial counselor can help you understand each program more fully and your qualification for each program as well as assist you with the application process. Please note that as part of the application process, you will be required to provide us with certain personal and financial information in order to determine eligibility.
To speak with a financial counselor, please call 312.567.2147 or download and complete an Application for Financial Assistance, below. Applications are available in multiple languages–English, Spanish, Chinese, and Polish.
To learn about Insight’s billing policies, take advantage of online account manager resources, pay your bill online, or review your account online, visit online bill payment
Financial Assistance Programs at Insight
Insight offers comprehensive financial assistance options to help patients who are unable to pay their hospital services bill. These programs options include:
- Time Payment Program that offers patients who are unable to pay their balance at one time an extended payment plan arrangement.
- Limited Income Discount Program that offers a discount based on family size and household income.
- Self-Pay Discount Program that offers a discount to patients who are uninsured but do not meet eligibility requirements for other financial assistance programs.
- Charity Care Program that offers care without expectation of payment for patients whose household income is less than 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines established by the Department of Health and Human Services.
You may read Insight’s full financial assistance policy below:
- English (PDF File)
- Chinese (PDF File)
- Polish (PDF File)
- Spanish (PDF File)
- Plain Language Summary English
- Plain Language Summary Spanish
- Plain Language Summary Chinese
- Plain Language Summary Polish
- Provider Listing (PDF File)
Financial Assistance Applications
Please note that Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view the form and is available free of charge by visiting the Adobe website.