- Normal hospital visiting hours are generally from 11:00 AM CST to 8:00 PM CST for the Medical Floors
- Visiting Hours for the Behavioral Health Unit are as follows:
MONDAY – FRIDAY 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
SATURDAY 1:00 PM – 3:00PM
HOLIDAYS 1:00 – 3:00PM & 6:00 – 8:00PM
MAJOR HOLIDAYS INCLUDE: Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Day
- Maximum of 2 visitors at a time for each patient
- Special consideration may be given to visitation outside of these hours at the discretion of the patient’s charge nurse or senior charge nurse/house manager. This determination is made prior to sending visitor to patient’s location.
- Visitors will need to sign in at the front desk/lobby, and receive a visitor badge at the Main Entrance Lobby Desk, the Family Health Center Lobby Desk, the Emergency Department Entrance, Same Day Surgery or the Ambulance Entrances
- Visitors will visibly wear a visitor badge above the waist on outermost garment for the duration of the visits
- Visitors who engage in disruptive, threatening, violent, potentially destructive behavior (including bringing of contraband onto the unit and/or giving contraband items to patient, and appear- ing/demonstrating impairment from drugs or alcohol) will have their visitation limited or with- drawn. Security will be notiﬁed of such behavior.
- For patients in isolation:
- Visitors are required to follow isolation precaution procedures and wear appropriate PPE before visiting with patient,
- Visitors receive education on appropriate isolation precautions. If a visitor refuses to wear appropriate PPE, document in record visitors refusal. Provide instruction to visitors on hand hygiene before and after entering and exiting the room.
- Latex balloons are not allowed in patient care areas, for the protection of the patient and other individuals with latex allergies