It’s one thing to live with an occasional ache or pain, it’s quite another to live with pain that lasts months and even years. Yet one in 10 Americans report living with pain that lasted one year or more. For many of these people, the pain is debilitating and life altering.
Fortunately, relief is available at the Insight Pain Management Clinic. For nearly two decades, Insight’s highly trained pain specialists have helped relieve patients’ pain using a variety of medications and treatments. Today, the Clinic offers the most up-to-date techniques for the evaluation and treatment of chronic and acute pain. Our expert physicians and clinicians listen closely to patients and work with them to determine a personalized treatment plan to best meet their needs and treat their pain.
Relief for Acute and Chronic Pain
The Pain Management Clinic is a comprehensive program offering the most advanced resources to effectively manage pain and restore quality of life. The Pain Management Clinic typically treats anyone who rates their pain at four or higher on a scale of one to 10, but welcomes anyone who feels pain is interfering with their normal activities.
The Pain Management Clinic provides pain relief for a variety of conditions, including:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Post-Surgical Pain
- Neuropathic Pain
- Muscle Pain
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (also known as RSD or Reflex Sympathetic Dystophy)
Leading-Edge Techniques and Treatments
The goal of the Pain Management Clinic is to help patients improve quality of life, increase function, and decrease frequency and intensity of pain. Once a patient is evaluated, the Clinic’s expert staff coordinate with a multidisciplinary team of anesthesiologists, orthopedic surgeons, cancer specialists, occupational therapy, physical therapists, and psychologists to create a customized pain management plan.
Often, patients benefit from a combination of therapies. Some of the leading-edge treatments include:
- Biofeedback and physical therapy.
- Nerve blocks, epidurals and steroid injections, which relieve pain by injecting an anesthetic around nerve roots and into muscles and joints.
- Drug-infusion pumps, in which a surgically implanted and patient-controlled pump delivers pain medication.
- Spinal cord stimulation, in which tiny electrodes are implanted to send gentle electrical currents to the spinal column, reducing pain in the surrounding areas.
To learn more about Insight’s Pain Management Program, call 312.567.2000.